Thursday 4 September 2014

Video editing and videomaking - A big challenge and also a source of inspiration

In the past year I have entered a world that was previously quite unknown to me: the one of video making and video editing.
As part of my master in Tecnologia della Didattica at the Milan Politechnic, I had to follow a video editing module, which gave me the opportunity to learn the essentials of video making software and to think of a storyboard, this time not for illustrations but for a short length video.

This is the first experience I had with video editing, where I simply had to put together footage that had already been filmed with a smartphone and add subtitles and modify the audio.
This was actually part of my work experience for a wine communication studio and it was quite basic, since the aim of the commissioner was to explain how a "sboccatore" works.

Another video I enjoyed editing was one about the Tate Modern in London, where artist and musician Moby guides us through the museum collection, talking about his favo(u)rite works of a art.
I recorded my own voice and I must say it sounds quite weird.




1 comment: